Monday, December 26, 2011
Sunday, December 18, 2011
"Advent is an active waiting. And Christmas comes to those who wait for the whisper, who look for the little, who seek the small, scandalous signs of the every-where presence of God."
--from A Holy Experience blog--
Saturday, December 10, 2011
* is 14 lbs 11.5 oz and 25.5 inches long.
* has discovered his hands. He will fold his hands together while nursing, sitting in his car seat, or as he's talking.
* likes to suck on his hands or nuzzle his face into the muslin blankets while falling asleep. We often find the soother in the corner of his cradle.
* is wanting to keep up the conversation and story telling just like his cousin Zoey! Joel has also discovered his voice. It is the most delightful thing I have heard in a long time!
* is beginning to reach for things...the toys in his chair, the birds on his swing, or the food at the supper table.
* has found a sleeping rhythm and we are so thankful! Joel hasn't been a fussy baby, except for a week in his first month where gripe water was our friend, but we were ready for a 8 hour stretch of sleep instead of getting 8 hours in chunks :).
* has a passport. Bring on the winter travels!