Saturday, December 12, 2009
Saturday, December 05, 2009
I am thankful for...having my Mom and Dad here since Wednesday, meals and coffee together, and our conversations around the supper table. They are on the highway tonight so I pray they make it home safely!
I am also praying for...sick and hurting loved ones and friends.
From the kitchen...warm Beef Stew.
I am creating...Christmas projects for my Grandmas.
I am celebrating...Advent and old and new Christmas traditions.
I am going...to change the load of laundry, make myself a cup of tea, and keep blogging.
I am reading...Matthew and Watch for the Light.
I am hoping...we can go out to find our Christmas tree tomorrow...weather permitting.
I am hearing...Sarah MacLachlan's Wintersong album playing.
Around the house...it's a relaxing Saturday.
A few plans for next week...a trip to Costco, some Christmas shopping, cleaning, and maybe some baking.
A picture to share...of our El-Bear last December-rrr.
Tuesday, October 27, 2009
At 12 months, Ellie...
* can crawl quickly and confidently up any flight of stairs.
* wants to walk and holds tightly to our fingers.
* loves to play peek-a-boo around the kitchen island or through the afghan at naptime.
* crawls toward us and starts laughing when she hears us say "Going to get you!"
* enjoys helping unload the dishwasher or cupboards that she can reach.
* is getting very persistent when she sees something she wants.
* waves bye-bye and blows kisses.
* is starting to say her first words...hi...mama...dadee...pa (for the puppies next door). Her intonation for words is incredible!
* reads books from her toy basket every morning for a good chunk of time. She is totally engaged with the pictures, the touch 'n' feel swatches, and turning the pages.
* spends Wednesday afternoons, Thursdays, and Fridays with her Daddy (and sometimes her Bestemor and Bestefar) while her Mommy goes to work.
* has the most beautiful smile I know. She has dimples in her cheeks and her eyes light up!
Sunday, October 18, 2009
I am thinking...about what this week will hold. What do I need to do? What do I choose to let go?
I am thankful for....talking with a friend on the phone just before lunch.
I am wearing...comfy clothes and wool slippers.
I am creating...a video of Ellie's 1st year.
I am going...to make myself a cup of coffee.
I am hoping...that my sister and Dad have safe travels today.
I am reading...Classroom Instruction that Works.
I am hearing...Ellie talking to herself as she settles down for a nap.
Around the house...there is lots to do to get ready for company and Ellie's birthday party on Saturday.
One of my favorite things....quiet Sunday afternoons.
A few plans for the rest of the week...catching up on housework, preparing for school and teaching, grocery shopping, making birthday cupcakes.
A picture to share...taken around this time last year and now our El is here!
Monday, September 28, 2009
Sunday, September 27, 2009
Thursday, August 27, 2009
Wednesday, July 29, 2009
Monday, July 27, 2009
Wednesday, July 15, 2009
Tuesday, July 14, 2009
Tuesday, June 30, 2009
Sunday, June 28, 2009
Saturday, June 27, 2009
I can't believe that Ellie is 3/4 of the way to her first birthday! I know this summer will go by fast!
Wednesday, May 27, 2009
Monday, April 27, 2009
Wednesday, March 04, 2009
Saturday, February 28, 2009
Wednesday, February 25, 2009
Monday, February 23, 2009
Tuesday, January 27, 2009
At 3 months, Ellie...