Tuesday, October 27, 2009
At 12 months, Ellie...
* can crawl quickly and confidently up any flight of stairs.
* wants to walk and holds tightly to our fingers.
* loves to play peek-a-boo around the kitchen island or through the afghan at naptime.
* crawls toward us and starts laughing when she hears us say "Going to get you!"
* enjoys helping unload the dishwasher or cupboards that she can reach.
* is getting very persistent when she sees something she wants.
* waves bye-bye and blows kisses.
* is starting to say her first words...hi...mama...dadee...pa (for the puppies next door). Her intonation for words is incredible!
* reads books from her toy basket every morning for a good chunk of time. She is totally engaged with the pictures, the touch 'n' feel swatches, and turning the pages.
* spends Wednesday afternoons, Thursdays, and Fridays with her Daddy (and sometimes her Bestemor and Bestefar) while her Mommy goes to work.
* has the most beautiful smile I know. She has dimples in her cheeks and her eyes light up!
Sunday, October 18, 2009
I am thinking...about what this week will hold. What do I need to do? What do I choose to let go?
I am thankful for....talking with a friend on the phone just before lunch.
I am wearing...comfy clothes and wool slippers.
I am creating...a video of Ellie's 1st year.
I am going...to make myself a cup of coffee.
I am hoping...that my sister and Dad have safe travels today.
I am reading...Classroom Instruction that Works.
I am hearing...Ellie talking to herself as she settles down for a nap.
Around the house...there is lots to do to get ready for company and Ellie's birthday party on Saturday.
One of my favorite things....quiet Sunday afternoons.
A few plans for the rest of the week...catching up on housework, preparing for school and teaching, grocery shopping, making birthday cupcakes.
A picture to share...taken around this time last year and now our El is here!