Monday, November 17, 2008

Twenty One


Today Ellie is 3 weeks old. As I was thinking back on the last 21 days, I started making a list about some of the things I love about her.

1. the way she fits on my chest
2. how she loves to snuggle
3. the way she rests her hands underneath her chin to let me know she's asleep
4. the way she sighs with contentment when her tummy is full and her bum is clean :)
5. her dark brown eyes and the way she looks up at me when I'm holding her in my arms
6. her ten perfect fingers and ten perfect toes
7. her dark brown hair
8. the way she smells after a bath
9. the way she buries herself in the fuzzy, warm bath towel because she doesn't like being naked :)
10. how calm and peaceful she is
11. the indescribeable joy she brings to our family
12. the way she turns when she hears her Daddy's voice
13. whispering how much I love her
14. her yawn
15. her beauty
16. her many faces, especially when she scrunches up her little nose and eyebrows
17. the humming and little noises I hear as I walk by her cradle
18. she is our "El", "love", "pumpkin", "sunshine"...
19. that she is an answer to our prayers and she came at just the right time
20. that when I look at her I am reminded of our awesome Creator
21. "I will give thanks to You for I am fearfully and wonderfully made." Psalm 139:14

2 comments:

Kirstin said...

Yayy thanks for the new update! (Especially since we had no idea you were expecting!). Your little girl is absolutely lovely.

Unknown said...

OH you guys she is just so precious! What a treasure!