Tuesday, October 27, 2009
At 12 months, Ellie...
* can crawl quickly and confidently up any flight of stairs.
* wants to walk and holds tightly to our fingers.
* loves to play peek-a-boo around the kitchen island or through the afghan at naptime.
* crawls toward us and starts laughing when she hears us say "Going to get you!"
* enjoys helping unload the dishwasher or cupboards that she can reach.
* is getting very persistent when she sees something she wants.
* waves bye-bye and blows kisses.
* is starting to say her first words...hi...mama...dadee...pa (for the puppies next door). Her intonation for words is incredible!
* reads books from her toy basket every morning for a good chunk of time. She is totally engaged with the pictures, the touch 'n' feel swatches, and turning the pages.
* spends Wednesday afternoons, Thursdays, and Fridays with her Daddy (and sometimes her Bestemor and Bestefar) while her Mommy goes to work.
* has the most beautiful smile I know. She has dimples in her cheeks and her eyes light up!