Thursday, October 27, 2011

Three Going On Five

Marco and I sang "Happy Birthday" to Ellie this morning as she crawled into bed next to us.  How fast time goes!  

In El's mind, there are big things happening this year; she's made big plans.  Ellie turns 3 today but lately she has been focused on the number 5.  So, after breakfast, she packed up her lunch box and was waiting for the "lellow school bus come pick me up."  Please don't grow up TOO fast my girl!  My heart isn't ready yet.

This year, we started a few new birthday traditions:

First we made birthday cupcakes, chocolate ones with sprinkles, as Ellie requested.












 
I made a birthday balloon wreath to celebrate the birthday girl in the house!

And we had pancakes for supper with just our family as Marco and I pictured a birthday party with our extrovert might end up like this birthday.  Grade 1, grade 2, grade 3, grade 4, grade 5, grade 6, ANNNNDDDD Kindergarten.  Pancakes are another one of El's favorite suppers!

It was a happy day with lots of favorites celebrating a special girl!

No comments: