Wednesday, January 11, 2006

As I walk around the apartment this morning I can't help but look out the window. It is snowing! We haven't had a "snow day" in a long time so to see the big, white, fluffy flakes come down is absolutely beautiful. I love how the snow coats everything like a fresh coat of white paint. When I was little and living up in Hay River, NWT, I always enjoyed going outside to play in the snow. I would get bundled up in my parka, skipants, snowboots, knitted mittens, and toque. There were so many things to build and do in the snow. The hours would go by quickly and soon it would be dark. When I would go back inside, my nose and cheeks would be so red. I have lots of good memories playing in the snow. However, today, I think I'm going to stay warm and cozy inside :).

1 comment:

Brent said...

Oooh not fair. Send some snow down our way!