...gifts #107 to #127...
* a gift in a bag, in a box, in a book: wet wipes, left-over homemade pizza, and Buchanan's quote: "...practice, mostly through thankfulness, the presence of God until you are utterly convinced of His goodness and sovereignty, until He's bigger, and you find your rest in Him alone." (The Rest of God, p. 71).
* three hard eucharisteos or 'thanks ': safe travels home on a bumper-to-bumper highway, a messy supper even late, and tired tears at bed time because it was a good day.
* mornings at home, discovering a wriggly worm in the garden under fresh snow, remembering words from yesterday: "Hello, Mr. Sun".
* sharing an indoor playground with friends, a spontaneous stop to visit at Daddy at work, and pancakes.
* three gifts square: boxes for errands and stops checked off, blank notebook pages, and eating take-out in.
* a gift stacked, stashed, stilled: laundry baskets lined up, old 'new' toys for a little girl I found in a box, and nap time.
* steel cut oats, empty. laundry. baskets., Saturdays to get jobs done.